Reverse engineering my own game

I've long-since misplaced the source code to my Atari 800 game Dandy Dungeon. But thanks to the Atari800MacX emulator and the emulation scene, I've been able to play an emulated version of my original game. That's been helpful for remembering all the little details of gameplay.




For example, I was able to determine that the original game animated the arrows at 15 Hz and the players and monsters at 7.5 Hz.

FWIW I think the emulator may be slightly incorrect about the HBLANK processing emulation. I'm pretty sure that the color background for the 4th line of text should be a different color from the color background of the 3rd line of text.

The iOS version of the game is progressing -- the dual thumbstick virtual controls work well.

The next step (and it's a big one) is going to be multiplayer support. GameKit here I come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GLES Quake - a port of Quake to the Android platform

A Taipei-Torrent postmortem: Writing a BitTorrent client in Go

A Multi-threaded Go Raytracer