Listening to my home music at work with SqueezeCenter and Softsqueeze

For some time I've wanted to listen to my home music collection on my computer at work. I tried a bunch of different approaches, and finally came up with one that works pretty well:
The resulting system works pretty well.

In case you're wondering, the SqueezeCenter program's main use is to serve music to the Squeezebox brand of internet radios. The ability to use it with a regular computer, without purchasing a Squeezebox internet radio, is a nice gesture on the part of the Logitec company that makes and sells Squeezebox internet radios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GLES Quake - a port of Quake to the Android platform

A Taipei-Torrent postmortem: Writing a BitTorrent client in Go

A Multi-threaded Go Raytracer